All my life, for as long as I can remember I have had this dream about the how the babe I wanted to marry will look like.
She had to be a maximum of 5’9″, she had to be light brown in complexion(I’m black enough already, so we won’t birth the anti christ).
I’m more of a legs guy(yeah I said it) so she must have hot legs to die for: well shaved and trimmed, no unnecessary darkened knees *cringe*
I’m more bobee over backside. Both MUST be in moderation though and not excess because if I see her whether I like it or not, its her outward appearance that sucks me in.
She had to be able to communicate well; have a good command of the english language and hold herself steady in a conversation.
She had to be comfortable in her own skin and not be jealous of finer looking girls or ‘better dressed girls’, I met you the way you were and I liked you just that way. 😀
She had to be have a fantastic sense of humor and be able to make me laugh from time to time. (For me this takes the cake all the time)
A girl that can fit in with my friends easily has completed 75% of the job for herself.
On that note I saw a babe whom I felt passed ‘roughly’ 97% of my checklist(the remaining 3% na down to error of parallax). Let’s call he ‘simbi’.
I had watched her for weeks in school, mid week services in fellowship and church on sundays. In wizkids voice ‘omo toh shan’ DIEE.
Thing is I’m a shy guy and it took me months to gather the momentum and courage to walk up to the girl of my dreams.
I walked up to her very slowly, counting my pace one at a time.
Suddenly I heard my mum’s voice, ‘femi, femi, oya we are late’. Huh?
I turned round and saw no one and kept working toward her.
Again ‘femi, femi’. I knew the voice was real but from where?
And my eyes opened up and there I was, NOT on my way to ‘greatness’ but on my bed, crashing and being awoken by my mum to take her to work. *sigh*
I like what I saw in simbi, she could have been the girl of my dreams but for now that’s all she is going to be………………………. ‘A DREAM’.
So, ladies and gentlemen, most of us have had images of the kind of spouse we will like to have right? NO? If you haven’t oya #slapyourself.
I fear we might never get them and just settle for what God sends our way, if not some people are joking around with lifetimes as bachelors and spinsters.
Question: Does the perfect girl exist?
Please use the comment box to share your views on whether my own view of a perfect girl is on point, feel free to add, subtract and multiply and divide :D.
Ladies don’t feel left out. Are we over-reaching? Should we lower our expectations? Please share your views with us as well. Thank you